Logistics Account Manager
There has never been a better time to join the fast-paced and ever-changing $700B-per-year trucking industry. Now more than ever shippers require our help in getting their products on store shelves as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our Logistics Account Managers serve as a liaison between shippers and full-truckload carriers for transportation of goods. They continuously secure new accounts while servicing existing accounts by openly communicating with drivers, dispatchers, shippers/receivers, and clients.
If you are persistent, enjoy connecting with people and building relationships, a six-figure income is achievable in just 2 years.
Successful team members are persuasive and excel at overcoming resistance. They laugh at adversity and let the word “no” roll off their backs like water on a duck. They simply embrace challenges while maintaining a positive attitude in the face of objections. They are self-motivated with a desire for financial freedom.
Does this describe you?
Whether you are a recent college graduate, or a seasoned worker looking to start a second career, we will teach you all you need to know to succeed. All you need to provide is the drive.
Important Characteristics of a Successful Logistics Account Manager:
- Enjoy learning about the psychology of sales and influence
- Passionate about solving problems and building relationships that last an entire career
- Cold calling is fun and being told “no” numerous times a day only motivates you even more to get to a “yes”
- Extremely persistent
- Enjoy the thrill of the hunt and are excited by the income potential of commission-based compensation
- Possess strong collaboration skills
- Strong work ethic, a drive for financial freedom and enthusiasm for forming new relationships
- Earning a six-figure income drives you to show up each day with your best self
- The prospect of serving with excellence and significant financial rewards encourages the desire to support carriers and customers after daytime working hours
- Understand that the more you put into this career, the more you get out of it
As a Logistics Account Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform freight transportation services adhering to government and company regulations
- Utilize sales strategies to generate leads, improve business, and develop sales pipeline
- Negotiate rates with both customers and carriers for maximum profitability
- Identify and approve safe, reliable carriers to transport customers’ products
- Managing multiple shipments daily to ensure they pick up and deliver safely and on-time
- Problem solving/conflict resolution keeping relevant parties apprised
- Remain abreast of emerging market trends
- Providing exceptional customer service
Road Dog Logistics is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).